Sunday, November 8, 2009

Wise Stewards

"For it is expedient that I, the Lord, should make every man accountable, as a steward over earthly blessings, which I have made and prepared for my creatures." D&C 104:13

We continue to hear citizens demanding that our government should be fiscally responsible; I agree. Today, however, it occurred to me, "And shouldn't our government expect from its citizens the same?" I think so.


Many of us have become just as irresponsible with our money as the government has. We are guilty of charging when we should be saving, living beyond our means and not even knowing what our "means" are because we do not budget!

Our wants have taken over our needs and we will have to make an accounting to the Lord for ALL things that he has blessed us with. Lets get back to basics:

* Budget wisely (or start a budget)
* Start paying off debt
* Resist to charge or even buy a want
* Increase contributions to fast offerings

I believe the Lord wants everyone to be more financially wise (or wiser stewards) and then more of us would not be so dependant on the government. Perhaps it can all begin with us as citizens.

"And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam in thine own eye; and then thou shalt see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye." Mathew 7:3-5

No comments:

Post a Comment